The Greek Carers Network EPIONI in collaboration with the Panhellenic Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Vocational Rehabilitation (PEPSAEE), Eurocarers, Care Alliance Ireland and La Compagnie des Aidants, to mark the completion of the Erasmus + KA2 learn4carers project has developed a good practice guide for supporting informal carers. The guide is available at www.learn4carers.eu, in Greek, English and French.
Owing to the excellent cooperation of institutions from Greece, Belgium, France, Ireland, Cyprus, Italy and the United Kingdom, the “Learn for Carers in Europe” project (Learn4Carers) provided opportunities for
- The organisations involved, to exchange information on good practices in supporting caregivers.
- Exchange of information regarding the support services for informal carers.
- Dissemination of information to professionals supporting informal carers.
- Increasing communities’ awareness of the issues facing informal carers.
- Development of proposals regarding the support of informal carers on local as well as at European level.
The project lasted 24 months, from December 2018 to November 2020
- Meetings (in situ and online) took place in Athens and Dublin.
- Focus Group Interviews with informal carers, professionals and policymakers.
- Mapping of caregivers needs and good practices.
- Information campaigns
- Website and Social Media (Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin) with information material.
- Video messages from MEPs on the role which informal carers play in the sustainability of national health systems.